Unfortunately we are unable to offer hot meals due to COVID restrictions.
We have a catering company which prepare fresh school meals daily. Your child is also welcome to bring a packed lunch to school if they prefer. Regardless of what the children choose to eat for lunchtime, they always get the opportunity to sit with their year group and friends.
We operate a three week cycle of menus and have tried to incorporate all the children's favourite choices whilst ensuring the meals meet all the relevant nutritional standards expected of school meals. School meals are free for those children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. For those children in Year 3 upwards the meals cost £2.30 a day.
If you send in a packed lunch with your child, please ensure that the contents are healthy and balanced. No sweets, fizzy drinks or glass bottles please.
Free School Meals
Since September 2014, there has been a statutory requirement for schools in England to provide free school meals to all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Whilst all pupils in these year groups will be provided with a free school meal, it is important that, if you think you are eligible to receive a free school meal, you continue to apply to the Northamptonshire Local Authority.
Existing entitlements to free school meals for disadvantaged pupils in nursery classes and at Key Stages 2-4 will continue as they do now, based on the existing free school meals eligibility criteria:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after parents stop qualifying for the Working Tax Credit
There will be no change to the process for applying for free school meals. Families receiving a qualifying benefit must continue to apply to Northamptonshire County Council.
Please click here on the link below to apply or ring the Council on 0300 126 1000.